When you’re not feeling good and don’t want to leave the comfort of home, or if for some reason you shouldn’t leave your home, what you want is telemedicine! Services like advice, diagnoses, and recommendations for treatment can be provided without you having to leave the house. If that’s the kind of care you want, then we want to hear from you at PrimeHealth Urgent Care.
What services are offered with telemedicine?
Telemedicine is commonly known as telecare, telehealth, or virtual visits with a doctor. A virtual visit is the primary service of telemedicine, and it’s done via online video conference (it can be done over the phone too). For a video conference, all you’ll need is a:
- Decent internet connection
- Computer or other device that has a camera and/or microphone
If you don’t have those things, then that’s okay, because you can have telemedicine over the phone. Whether it’s online or over the phone, a telemedicine appointment will usually go like this:
- You’ll speak with a physician about your symptoms and health
- If applicable, the physician will perform a visual examination or, if necessary, suggest a face-to-face evaluation
- The physician will provide a diagnosis or, if required, suggest testing at the clinic or at the clinic’s curbside
- The physician will recommend a treatment like a prescription or, if necessary, treatment at the clinic or at the clinic’s curbside
What conditions can be treated with telemedicine?
There are lots of conditions that can be treated with telemedicine! In fact, there are some conditions that should be treated with telemedicine, like viral infections that can be highly contagious. Here’s a bit of a list of some of the more common conditions PrimeHealth Urgent Care can treat with telemedicine (if you don’t see a particular condition on the list, you can call us about it):
- Sinus pain or sinusitis
- Minor injuries like simple sunburns or minor sprains
- Sore throat or bronchitis
- Urinary tract infections
- General pain or pain due to arthritis
- Seasonal allergies or minor allergic reactions
- Minor respiratory issues like respiratory tract infections
- Minor flu-like symptoms
- And others
There are some conditions that can’t be treated with telemedicine, so they must be treated in-person at our clinic. Also, it’s necessary to call 911 for any life-threatening or possibly life-threatening conditions like significant chest pain or difficulty breathing.
Is telemedicine cheaper than in-person medicine?
Usually, yes, it is! Actually, it can be much less expensive, saving you a good amount of money as well as time. Also, for insured patients, telemedicine is covered by most health insurance companies including Medicare and Medicaid. For uninsured patients, the self-pay option will be more affordable for many patients. Here at PrimeHealth Urgent Care, we work with most major insurers, but you’re free to call us to ask whether we work with your particular provider.
Do you offer telemedicine services in Parrish, FL?
We do, yes! And to learn more about these services or to make an appointment for telemedicine, contact us today. You can call us or book an appointment with us online. We’re available to take your call and speak with you anytime Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 6 pm. Don’t hesitate to contact us today for affordable, thorough, convenient telemedicine with us at PrimeHealth Urgent Care in Parrish, FL!