Minor Burn Treatment Questions and Answers

If you require minor burn treatment in Parrish FL, then come see us here at PrimeHealth Urgent Care. We can treat any kind of minor burn and provide bandages and pain relievers if necessary. For more information, please call us or book an appointment online. Walk-ins are welcome!

Minor Burn Treatment Near Me in Parrish, FL
Minor Burn Treatment Near Me in Parrish, FL

If you or a loved one has a minor burn, then you’ll want to have it treated properly and promptly. There are a number of things you can do at home to help treat a burn, but for lasting relief, you should get assistance from a professional here at PrimeHealth Urgent Care. We can provide a number of additional medical treatment options at our walk-in clinic so you can get better quicker. For burn medical treatment in Parrish, FL, come to our clinic right away.

What should I put on a burn? How do you treat burn blisters?

If you receive a minor burn or any burn blisters, the first thing you should do is put the area under cool, not cold, water. After the pain becomes more tolerable, you should wash the burn with mild soap and water. Then, the next thing to do is to put a cool compress on the wound, like a clean wet cloth. Especially cold temperatures might irritate the burn further, so avoid those colder temperatures.

Once the pain and swelling have subsided, you can apply an antibiotic ointment or cream to the area. You can also apply a sterile gauze bandage to the area, which will help to reduce pain and protect the skin. Apply the bandage loosely to avoid putting pressure on the area.

How do I heal a burn quickly?

An antibiotic ointment or cream will help to prevent any infection, and to speed up healing. Aloe Vera gel can help a great deal too, and pain relievers can help with the pain. A sterile gauze bandage will help to heal the wound as well. You can purchase all of these products at a drugstore, or you can come to our urgent care clinic for the products and for professional treatment.

Does my burn need medical attention? When should you go to hospital for a burn?

Minor burns (called 1st-degree burns) will heal on their own and with home care, but moderate burns (2nd-degree burns) to severe burns (3rd-degree burns) require medical attention. Sometimes it can be difficult to distinguish a mild burn from a more severe one. If you have any of the following types of burns, then you must dial 911 and go to urgent care or hospital:

  • Burns that cover a large area of the body, a major joint of the body, or the hands, feet, face, groin, or buttocks
  • Deep burns affecting deeper areas of the skin or deep tissues
  • Burns that look charred or have black, brown, or white patches
  • Burns that make your skin look leathery
  • Burns caused by electricity
  • Chemical burns
  • Burns in your airway
  • Burns that cause you to have difficulty breathing

Remember, for these burns, seek emergency medical attention from the ER (emergency room). For mild burns, come see us at our clinic instead!

Where can I get burn treatment in Parrish, FL?

Simply come on over to PrimeHealth Urgent Care for minor burn treatment. You don’t have to make an appointment, so you can just walk in for service and immediate care for your burn! You will find our clinic in the Parkwood Square Shopping Center 8927 US Hwy 301 N, Suite 210, Parrish, FL 34219 and we’re open for you evenings and weekends to serve you better. You can find hours of operation, as well as directions here. We serve patients from Parrish FL, Ellenton FL, Bradenton FL, Palmetto FL, Lakewood Ranch FL, Sarasota FL, Sun City FL, and Wimauma FL.

We look forward to helping you with your treatment here at PrimeHealth Urgent Care!

Additional Services You May Need